SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLY HIS

CONSIDERING THE END OF THEIR CONVERSATION, JESUS CHRIST Heb:13:7

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hows the weather where you are?

Go down 
+5
Hetty
jtheb
Verity
angel
Anne
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Anne
Admin
Anne

hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just about able to get to the shop the snow here is awful but we need bread and milk so Joe and Lee are going to try and venture to the local Co-op at least the sun is shining now. sunny
How are things with you all?
Back to top Go down
https://simplyhis.rpg-board.net

AuthorMessage
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 am

Just looked at a weather thingy and it says it is minus 16 just now with the windchill (minus 12 without).
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 am

Blimey and it's only 6 oclock I'm a bit worried incase the water pipes freeze..now my imagination is beginning to work overtime cyclops they say only a few days of grit left to scratch
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:12 am

Can't grumble atm, it's about -4 and trying to snow on and off.
I think we'll just about be used to it when it starts to warm up [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:54 pm

No snow for days now, but it's snowing slow but steady this morning..doesn't seem to be so cold though which is fab!
Back to top Go down
angel
saint
saint
angel

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Snowing on and off all night, just started again with a light flurry. Neutral
Back to top Go down
jtheb
saint
saint

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:59 pm

It was snowing quite heavily an hour ago. It's stopped now.
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Not too bad today, adele is here her pipes are frozen to. two of our radiators are broken Joe thinks it's the pump so young Joe is coming to try to sort it out for us....chaos!!!! hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 461721
Back to top Go down
jtheb
saint
saint

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:37 am

Now more snow.

Cold and icy, but we got to the shops without trouble.

I need a walk to exercise my leg but it isn't safe to go walking with my bad leg and being dependant on a stick to be stable. So its back to the rowing machine for a while.
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:56 am

It's not so good for walking John and i'd be careful and keep from going out as much as possable,what a day we have had here, the pump broke in my central heating so my son decided to fix it...then a leak sprung from an old connection and the water was everywhere, because we hadn't drained the backboiler and a radiotor connected to it...oh it's all gobbildy gook to me but we have now got a fire going and keeping out fingers crossed it works (the new pump) Adele had to take the kids home and she had came to go to my church tomorrow so that's all out the window what a day i'm exausted and Joe is wore done making fish fingers and chips for a quickie as we are starving hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 645895
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:20 am

Not too bad here, but i think thats because we are beside the sea shore, sun has been shining all week, though freezing fog only a few miles away. Paul has been busy with frozen pipes which if any of you have gas and your boiler has stopped working throw a kettle of water over the pipe outside which leads to the drain, its just frozen and stops the boiler working.

Hope everything is ok with your heating Anne. If you all need salt come to Carrickfergus because that apparently is where it comes from lol.

Keep warm and take care xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:34 am

This happened to my sis2's boiler, the bloke from the council cut the pipe and stuck her washing up bowl under it, inside the house [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Paul's way makes much more sense, and knowing what our Landlords are like, I'm glad to have the tip just in case [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 am

You know Elaine, if you every have problems I am only a phone call away. hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 605530
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:33 pm

3rd day in a row and my son Joe is still at it, we have the heating working now but we have no hot water from the tap (which is heat by the back boiler behind the fire) so he thinks it's a air lock...we dont want to mention another plumber as Joe has just finished paying a fortune to be a plumber but doesn't atm have much hands on experience so we are the guiany pigs...I have to admit we are about going round the bend, he's just phoned up asking if we have a hose????? he is on his way to try again, God help us hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 461721
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Aww Anne, hopefully it is something really simply, though I wouldn't pay him until it is working. Let us know, fingers crossed and a quick wee prayer for you xx
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Harleygirl wrote:
You know Elaine, if you every have problems I am only a phone call away. hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 605530

Bless you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Went to the docs for a sicknote this morning, I have to have one for the DSS, saw a really nice bloke there last week, who explained all the new rules/schemes.
I think I'm about 2 years short of contributions to claim anything in my own right, but I can *claim* a new benefit that has replaced incapacity benefit, I won't get any money, but it will pay my contributions which means I'll get a small pension at 60.
Tim was going to take the note in for me but has an interview at 1pm, it's at the same place different dept, I'd be grateful for prayer please.

Finding this weather very frustrating, it's my favourite weather but can't really enjoy it atm [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 am

I worked during my life on and off and knew i should get a little state pension they give me £70 a month but take it off Joes money can you beat that one Shocked
Back to top Go down
Janie
saint
saint
Janie

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:53 am

Elaine....just read your post.....not wishing to alarm you but are you sure your pension pays at out 60 ? reason I ask is, I was born in 1953 and I won't receive my pension until I'm 63. Apparently to qualify for the women's pension being paid at 60 the *cut-off* year was 1948 ? You may want to check doll XX
Back to top Go down
faithangel50
saved
saved

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:26 am

It was in the teens or twenties for a low cheers It issupposed to get in the fifties.
Faithangel
Back to top Go down
angel
saint
saint
angel

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:28 am

Its Frrrrreeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg here today, well minus 3, but for some reason i cant get warm. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:37 am

Janie wrote:
Elaine....just read your post.....not wishing to alarm you but are you sure your pension pays at out 60 ? reason I ask is, I was born in 1953 and I won't receive my pension until I'm 63. Apparently to qualify for the women's pension being paid at 60 the *cut-off* year was 1948 ? You may want to check doll XX

I haven't checked, just going by what I was told, oh well at least I'll get me bus pass [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 am

It has been 3 today though I feel freezing, it must be the wind. The sea was crashing over the wall today, looks great when ur warm as toast in the car lol
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:55 am

I'd love to live by the sea, we used to live at Blackpool for about 10 years but the beach there wasn't so good, St Annes was nice though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 am

No beach just stones and shells, lived here 3 years and been on the beach once Embarassed

Lived across the road from the zoo for 12 years and think I was there maybe 3 times Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Not so cold here and the snow is melting..as much as I hate the inconvenience it's much prettier when everything is white..I hate the drab muddiness..depressing!
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:06 am

I hate the dark, damp weather too Hetty it is so depressing, and I have to fight it and keep active which is so hard lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hows the weather where you are?   hows the weather where you are? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hows the weather where you are?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next