SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLY HIS

CONSIDERING THE END OF THEIR CONVERSATION, JESUS CHRIST Heb:13:7

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sharing work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:40 am

I was just wondering about something that has cropped up elsewhere.

I use bought patterns for some things I make, and have sought permission to sell those goods because they are copyrighted.
But sometimes I like to make my own patterns because bought patterns are quite expensive.

I've done a couple of tutorials, one of a bought pattern, and one for a large fabric box I designed myself.
Recently I was asked if I could design a hot water bottle cover, as a joint venture between myself and another person, which I have.
I showed a photo of it a few weeks ago, and today someone has suggested I do a tutorial for it.
Now this person doesn't sew, but it would be in a place where anyone could copy it.

I like your honest opinions please.
I have said no, am I right to protect my designs?
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 am

Yes you are, stop worrying Sharing work 605530

Now I need your help!

I came up with the idea that I could offer free stitcheries (it wouldn't be many cos I'm so slow but every little helps) to people on the blogshop at certain times of year (easter, Christmas etc) to help them remember Him and maybe get them thinking..have been looking for one about easter but can't find one thats just right, that combines what they expect but Him too..so have come up with this verse, please tell me if you think it's ok?

(There will be themed buttons to decorate inbetween the words, but obviously I can't type them out for you so it's just the words):

Eggs, pretty baskets and
bunnies 1 2 3!
All these lovely things Easter
brings to you and me!
But there's another gift,
one that matters too!
So this Easter please remember
what Jesus did for me and you!

Happy Easter!

Please tell me what you think ..and if it's rubbish how I can improve it.

Sharing work 605530
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 am

It's lovely, would you do it as a "giveaway" type thing, just pull a name from the hat?

I would suggest just a tweek or 2, to make the rhyme flow

Eggs and pretty baskets
And bunnies, 1 2 3
All these lovely things
Easter brings to you and me

But there's an even better gift,
Precious, free and true.
So this Eastertide remember
What Jesus did for me and you.

I think I've spent too long making cards [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Elaine, thats lovely, thank you! Sharing work 605530

I wouldn't do it as a giveaway I don't think, because I want someone to have it that wouldn't be ashamed to have something that mentions Jesus hanging up, if you see what I mean?

I say that because I had quite a bit of interest in the *Jesus is the reason for the season* ones, and people told me all their friends liked it etc and it was a talking point so..I thought it might be a bit of stealth evangelism, maybe make people think.

So, I will make 2 or 3 and then just offer them free to the first to send me an email, something like that..and then do the same at Christmas etc.

Actiually have a bit of a disappointing story with one of the Jesus is the reason ones, been keepng it to myself but maybe I should tell you.

Your verse is much better, thank you, just need to design it now. Sharing work 605530
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:57 pm

(((Elaine))) + (((Hetty))) LUV it ALL God bless your endeavor for Him xxx

Just to add some exciting news pictures to follow next Sunday night!!!
Adele and Ben are being Baptized in Leek Baptist church on Sunday...also my boy Lee and his girlfriend June is coming. It will be the first time Lee has ever been in a gospel meeting never mind a Baptism...PLEASE PRAY for us all
Back to top Go down
https://simplyhis.rpg-board.net
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Wonderful news Anne [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What happened Hetty? I love my stitchery, it has pride of place at Christmas.
Just for the season I take my spotty one down and that goes up.
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:28 am

Well, bit of a long story..but a lady emailed me and asked me if I would make one (Jesus is the reason)and I said yes and that it would be £10 for it..that was fine, she still wanted it..

I made it but I began to feel that it was not right for me to ask for money for it (profiting out of God) so when I sent it I sent her a letter telling her I did not want paid, explaining why..when she recieved it she emailed me asking how she could pay..so I mailed again explaining that it was a gift, with my love and why I did not want to take money for it..I never heard from her again and thought I had really upset her (understandable)..then ages later I got another email from her saying that her and her friends had all loved it but she had felt guilty having it because I would not take payment..I told her not to be silly and that I'd happily make her friends one too..then she mailed back and asked if I took comissions, I said yes so she sent me a design she had found on the net.

Well, I made it but it nearly killed me..it was very difficult because it had to be so precise and infact I made it once and then had to completely scrap it and make another one (you might remember me posting about that elaine) and even then I was not very happy with it but it really was the best I could do..it took me longer than anticipated because I had to redo it, and it was a lot more work than I had imagined anyway..so when I sent it to the lady I enclosed a few bits and peices to make up for the delay.

However, that was nearly a month ago and I have never heard from her since..no word to say she has recieved it or to offer to pay for it.

It's not the money that upsets me, although it would be nice to earn somethingas it was very hard work..it's the never knowing if she liked it or not.

I emailed her once, left it a bit then mailed her again but nothing...quite upsetting.
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:49 am

That is upsetting Hetty Sharing work 605530 as you said hetty it wasn't so much the money, just the idea that she never even recognised your hard work which for her was quite disgusting and she probably didn't want contact because she didn't want the embarrasment of talking about payment so thus the silence. Better put it down to experiance Hetty everyone is not like yourself sad to say
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 am

(((Hetty)))
I do know how much that must hurt.
Have you tried emailling to ask if they received it?

TBH, for internet sales, unless I know the person really well, I don't do anything without payment first anymore. I might make it, but I don't send it until I've received payment.
My worst payers have been people I know in RL, you know, the old "oh, I don't have the money on me right now" I feel bad saying they can't take it, but 18 months later I've still not been paid [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and it's not just once or one person.

As for your others, you need to do what feels right to you, BUT, they don't cost nothing to make. It's not like you're profiteering, and really it's no different to someone being paid for a book or CD.
Paul says a worker is worth their pay, and just as a preacher has their costs covered, there is nothing wrong with you having yours covered too.
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks both Sharing work 605530

I did email her twice, and both times I didn't mention payment, I just asked her to let me know that she recieved it and was happy with it..but no reply.

Oh well, you do live and learn I guess ..maybe she really hated it!

love to you both Sharing work 605530
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Well believe this or not and ive no reason to lie but my reason for the season is hanging above my front door and to the left a little, after all whatever season it is Jesus is the reason for each one, each day and each minute of the day, so that's why I love it....thanks (((J))) Sharing work 605530
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:09 am

I have "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" hanging up Anne, it's lovely.
Hetty, you really are talented xxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 am

Elaine, Hetty poem is lovely, and Hetty don't let anyone take advantage of your kind nature again, just be a big assertive Smile

Anne will be praying for you all and make sure you let us know how it went Sharing work 645895
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:23 pm

If anyone else wants a Jesus is the reason for the season one for family or friends or themselves just let me know, they are free of charge..will let you know when the easter ones go up too in case you'd like one of those Sharing work 605530
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Just to say that I feel thoroughly ashamed..I received an email from the lady this morning saying she had been ill and was only just back on her feet and offerring to pay..I told her to keep it as a gift.

I'm not very nice, am I? Crying or Very sad

Ps: she also asked me to pray for her, so please help me by praying for her too if you can xx
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:03 am

Don't feel guilty Hetty, that's just grand, now you can sigh a sigh of relief, and pray for her...brilliant. Sharing work 605530
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sharing work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharing work   Sharing work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharing work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SIMPLY HIS :: WELCOME TO SIMPLY HIS :: Scripture Forum-
Jump to: