SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLY HIS

CONSIDERING THE END OF THEIR CONVERSATION, JESUS CHRIST Heb:13:7

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts On Beggars Please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Thoughts On Beggars Please Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts On Beggars Please   Thoughts On Beggars Please Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:46 am

I would really like your thoughts on beggars please.

Where I live, when I go into town there are lots and lots of beggars, always have been.

I used to give them money (just a few pounds)..but then I started to worry about them spending it on drugs so I started giving food (sandwiches/coffee etc)..and then I kind of went through a phase where I got a bit weary and stopped.

Now I only give sporadically, and I'll tell you why..I feel a bit disillusioned because I have noticed a HUGE influx of foreign women begging (not sure where they come from)..but it's always the same kind of set up (and I've even seen them walking towards their pitches with their plastic bags etc looking totally respectable)..and I've come to the conclusion that it is something of an organised thing, they are not homeless, though I am sure they still have needs...and they really do seem to have taken over, very rare to see any other kind of beggar in the popular areas anymore.

So, I don't give because I feel there may be a bit of fleecing going on, but I feel very guilty and sinful for that.

I don't know what to do? it's an unavoidable part of going down town, but how to deal with it?
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On Beggars Please   Thoughts On Beggars Please Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:03 am

I would say follow your heart, if led to do it you will and nothing will stop it.
As for these woman there mostly Roma from Romania and God forgive me leave well alone, they have begging down to an art and for them it is a profession. Thoughts On Beggars Please 605530
Back to top Go down
https://simplyhis.rpg-board.net
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On Beggars Please   Thoughts On Beggars Please Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:01 am

I agree with Anne, Hetty.
I don't give often since I was asked by a begger the way to the nearest pub [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Like you, I prefer to give food/drink. I think sometimes God does prompt us, other times satan provokes us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts On Beggars Please   Thoughts On Beggars Please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts On Beggars Please
Page 1 of 1