SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLY HIS

CONSIDERING THE END OF THEIR CONVERSATION, JESUS CHRIST Heb:13:7

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hebrews 6:4-6 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne
Admin
Anne

Hebrews 6:4-6 4 Empty
PostSubject: Hebrews 6:4-6 4   Hebrews 6:4-6 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Hebrews 6:4-6 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

jtheb and I and others have been having a discussion on another forum regarding this verse of scripture, I was wondering if you have any views as to what it might mean?
Back to top Go down
https://simplyhis.rpg-board.net
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

PostSubject: Re: Hebrews 6:4-6 4   Hebrews 6:4-6 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:27 pm

I think it refers to a one time total rejection of Jesus as the Son of God/Messiah/Personal Saviour not to backsliding, but I'm not sure.

Was it not written in the context that there were those among the Jewish population who had embraced Christ as Messiah but then (under pressure I guess) returned to the levitical system of trusting in/requiring the blood of animals to make them clean before God?

Someone will know!

Have you found a good forum somewhere?

Hebrews 6:4-6 4 605530 Hebrews 6:4-6 4 605530 Hebrews 6:4-6 4 605530
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

PostSubject: Re: Hebrews 6:4-6 4   Hebrews 6:4-6 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am

Quote :
I think it refers to a one time total rejection of Jesus as the Son of God/Messiah/Personal Saviour not to backsliding, but I'm not sure.
I think your thinking what I think but i'm not to sure Laughing
The forum is Fresh Hope, Phil is on it to but not much the woman who runs it sort of runs the roost if you get my drift and she or the others don't like to be crossed especially on the subject of 'guns' lol but other than that it's ok and other than that we both have been warned but it's all part of Fresh Hopes charm
Back to top Go down
https://simplyhis.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hebrews 6:4-6 4   Hebrews 6:4-6 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hebrews 6:4-6 4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SIMPLY HIS :: WELCOME TO SIMPLY HIS :: Bible Verses-
Jump to: